Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday Scribblings #8 - Fellow Travelers


The Sunday Scribblings Prompt this week is "Fellow Travelers". We are being asked to think about the people we find ourselves traveling beside in life. Whether on a bus or on a plane, or simply as we move through our days, who are our seatmates? For some reason, when focusing in on this topic, my heart shifted inward. I focus on my one constant companion as I travel through my days. We all have our own, this one's mine:
Thank You
I awake with your kiss on my brow
and I inwardly thank you again
I rise, ready to face the world once again
with you by my side.
Stepping outside my door
you paint a picture for me
snow covered, sunlight streaming through
the trees
Just for me, you say
And I inwardly thank you again
Hours later, you sing to me
my mother calls to say hello
my brother asks me for advice
my father tells me he loves me
your song is beautiful
And I inwardly thank you again
You put your chef's hat on
and together we create a satisfying meal
I eat to my heart's content,
You let me take the credit for how it tastes
And inwardly, I thank you again
You tuck me in, sweet kisses as the lights go out
I feel your presence as I snuggle in my warm covers
Another day we've spent together
My favorite travel companion
For this, I thank you.
Copyright 2007 - Karina

1 comment:

Keith's Ramblings said...

That's lovely. What a wonderful fellow traveler you have.