Monday, September 17, 2007

Writer's Island #2 - The Gift

I didn't participate in Sunday Scribblings this week, the prompt was "collections". I just couldn't find the muse this time.

This week prompt for Writer's Island is "The Gift".

I'm on vacation this week, so I decided that I wanted to keep it short, and so, when I thought short, I thought, well...I'll do a haiku. I've never written a haiku before, so you all get to partake of my first effort ever. It isn't the greatest, but it's my frst, so I'm giving myself a break.

Enjoy:

Knowing one is loved
Surrounded by family
Is truly a gift

Copyright 2007 - Karina

Please visit Writer's Island for other participants' links.

4 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

Family is gift from GOD!

Keith's Ramblings said...

Small but perfectly formed! Enjoy your vacation.

MommaBoo said...

I'd be lost without my fam. I love'em all so much!

Lea said...

A gem of a poem in form and content! Lovely!