Saturday, April 12, 2008

Birthday Wishes

I have been a "Big Sister" (through Big Brother Big Sister) to Lil' K for seven years now. She is one of the biggest loves of my life, and words can't express how blessed I am for having her in it. Her birthday, her FIFTEENTH birthday is on Monday. This is for her.

Birthday Wishes

Eight years old
Shy as a newborn kitten
Holding tight to my hand
Frightened of the big bad world

And I fell in love with you instantly.

Little girl
Needing guidance and a friend
A little sister I never had
Almost a child of my own

Through the years, we've become family

Young woman
Fifteen years old this week
I've seen you grow and mature
Ready to do anything

All the things I know you can be.

Copyright 2008 - Karina

Happy Birthday Lil' K.

1 comment:

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Really nice, Karina. Happy Birthday to Lil K from me!