Thursday, April 3, 2008

Poefusion #1 - Fortune

My first venture into Poefusion, as part of trying to keep up with NaPoWriMo, I thought I'd join some poetry memes.


Acceptance


Big things coming in future.
Only matter of time.
Eyes open, heart ready.
Soul unlocked by expectation.
Breathe the fresh air,
Take the first step into tomorrow.
Force a smile on your lips,
Wipe the tears from your eyes
The time for grieving has passed.
Shoulders back, head high
The world awaits your presence.
Participate eagerly,
Love completely,
Let go entirely,
And soon
All your sorrows will vanish.


Copyright 2008 - Karina



5 comments:

paisley said...

very positive statement.. i will have to mark it and come back on a day i feel nothing will ever be the same.....

thanks for joining n with us on poefusion... it is an excellent site....

poefusion said...

Love the way the sorrows are ending and the yearning for life is growing expectantly within. You turned these fortunes into a very nice poem. Thanks for participating and welcome to Poefusion. Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

there's a really nice flow and I like that the end is hopeful

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful...how you used the prompts is amazing.

I love this especially:
"Eyes open, heart ready.
Soul unlocked by expectation"

I can't wait to flip through the rest of your blog!

Karina said...

Paisley, thank you...I think I've been taking your advice and rereading it myself today. How could I have known I'd need the inspiration?

Michelle, thank you very much, I will definitely be back to poefusion again.

Lissa, thanks! Let's hope I can keep that feeling myself at this time.

J.C., thanks so much! I hope you enjoyed the rest of my blog as well.