Friday, April 11, 2008

Pensieve's Poetic License #6 - Spring Haikus


The format for PPL this week is haiku, and the theme is Spring. I wrote my first haiku ever sometime last year, and since then have really enjoyed the format. Here's what I came up with today:


Quiet drop of dew
Making a pathway along
A new leaf on life

Hint of bright color
Slowly manifesting life
A blossom appears

Copyright 2008 - Karina

Be sure to click on the button above to be taken to Pensieve's Poetic License headquarters. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Pamela said...

I was hoping it would be awful. But, of course, as usual, you were inspirational.

Anonymous said...

great descriptions, I really like the first line - quiet drop of dew - I think you excel in this format

Anonymous said...

I tell ya, Karina, I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of haiku I'm reading today--they all are substantive, ya know? I guess I imagined they might be a bit sillier, but they've "GOT GAME", if that makes sense.

You sound "seasoned" here--these are really good. As Brandon said, word economy is part of the haiku equation, and done well, a few words can speak volumes in imagery and beauty--EXACTLY what you've done here.

Love the play on words in the first one, too :).

THANKS for joining in--as always, you have a lot to offer!

Anonymous said...

I love these - drop of dew, hints of color.

Unknown said...

lovely, I wish we would see spring in bloom and not in gllomy rain.